2018 ION Strike Core Semidry 4.5/3.5 BZ DL rust red/black phantom
The CORE is the more budget option in the Strike range and is an awesome all-rounder! The new single lined back panel gives freedom of movement where needed, while the Crash_Padz in the shins and rib area give confidence for progressive riding. Robust in design - thanks to the very durable nylon used in legs and torso - the STRIKE CORE is available in two fashionable colour schemes ready to suit your style!
Super Flex: Great overall range of movement, especially in the arms and legs.
Warm: Hot_Stuff lining and Water_Gate_Plus construction.
Protection: Crash_Padz at shins and ribs
- Water_Gate_Plus: All ION GBS semidry wetsuits (long arms and legs,) are equipped with the Water_Gate_Plus batwing panel, placed on the back behind the zip. Its purpose is to act as a barrier against water which likes to seep into the suit via the back zip. The final touch to this feature is the glued blind-stitched seams, which are covered by extra sealing Neoprene Tape.
- Seam_Reinforcements: All stress points are reinforced and secured from the inside with Melco tape for increased lifespan. If you accidentally left the suit in the trunk of your car on a hot day, they can start to peel off. Don't panic! Gently use an iron over the affected area as the glue is activated by heat.
- Contour_Cut: To improve flexibility and comfort, all ION wetsuits come with the ION Contour_Cut. It greatly enhances flex in the collar, wrists, elbows, insteps and the back of the knees.
- Drain_Holes: Whenever two flaps overlap there is a chance that water can accumulate. In order to combat this we assure that quick water release is provided when needed, so Drain_Holes are secured in place from the inside and won't expand.
- Leg_Loop: All back zip and long leg ION wetsuits come with detachable velcro Leg_Loops and plush panels above the ankle. The loops can be wrapped tightly around the ankle to prevent water from rushing into the suit. To avoid loosing the Leg_Loops whilst on the water, they come with a unique construction of extra strong velcro. If you choose not to use the velcro loops, they can be easily removed by hand. Front zip models don't have the plush panel, but do come with Leg_Loops attached to the suit.
- Sunglass_Loop: A small webbing loop on the neck of ION wetsuits and tops to attach the safety line of ION sunglasses.
- Internal Key_Pocket: It's been an ongoing discussion if this feature is needed at all, but we've decided to keep it and it's placed on the inside of the suit. Please note, only store water resistant keys in order to avoid any damage.
- Supra_Tex: Highly abrasion resistant. Great strength against tearing. Primarily used on knee panels or buttock area
- Crash_Padz: Additional Neoprene pads provide protection against pressure and impact, which can often cause injury to sensitive and vulnerable parts of the body (shins, ribs). The number of pads vary according to the suit and each pad consists of a special high density K_Type Neoprene Foam to dampen the force of impact.