2021 Severne REDWING Foil
That?s what foiling means to us. For most windsurfers, foiling has the potential to DOUBLE their time on the water.
Our foil equipment has been designed to get people up and flying easily, safely and with as much fun as possible. By directly understanding all the variables ourselves, we have made the design choices to deliver a foiling experience that will expand your windsurfing world.
- 900mm mast
- 950mm fuselage
- 1400cm2 front wing
- 350 cm2 tail wing
Foiling is more fun when you?re not bleeding. So we considered every component and how it?s user friendliness could be improved.
- All wingtips have rounded tips and are curved down, away from kicking feet.
- Wing covers are designed to stay on during setup, minimizing accidents while on land.
- 90cm mast gives enough height for correct technique, minimizing both touchdowns and breaches. / Rigid aluminium hardware delivers consistent, reliable lift which increases control.
Rigging up has never been the most fun part of windsurfing. Adding a foil can increase the complexity, so we have focused on making it as easy as possible.
- Minimal bolts mean less to install.
- Only 2 different bolt types ? short bolts for the wings, and long ones for the mast.
- A single tool required. The 5mm Hex Key was selected for it?s long-term reliability, the abundance of compatible tools (many sails use this size for batten tension), and easy replacement of bolts.
- Plug in connections between fuselage/mast and fuselage/front wing.
If you?re flying half a metre out of the water, you don?t want that front wing moving around underneath you. Rigidity is the key to holding the wings in a consistent position. Rigidity allows you to lock in and windsurf on the foil, rather than riding a bucking bronco.
- Mast geometry maximizes stiffness. 19mm thick x 145mm wide. Much stiffer both longitudinally and torsionally than most carbon masts.
- Spigot on fuselage locks into the mast section.
- Fuselage uses straight sections for directional stability, and to maximize the strength/weight ratios.
- 4x connection surfaces on the front wing connection reduces any movement.