2021 STARBOARD ISONIC
THE CUTTING EDGE IN WINDSURF BOARD TECHNOLOGY
Starboard?s flagship racing range with 12 world titles. Each year, Starboard?s racing team revisits each model in the relentless pursuit of the ultimate slalom performance at the highest level.
Four new shapes made the cut this year: the 63, 72, 77 and 83. 63: added concave increases confort on this high wind model. Strap positions have been moved back to reduce wetted-surface area to give a board that is more free and always in control.72: the straps are also placed further back. The flat section of the bottom has been reduced on the sides and refined cutaways help the board to fly freer and reach higher top speeds. 77: a more prononced vee at 90cm frees up the board and trims the board more over the fin, improving acceleration and top speed. 83: larger cutaways and a smoother rockerline helps the board fly over chop more easily and reduce wetted-surface area for higher speeds in medium to light winds and choppy waters.
THE iSONIC IN DETAIL:
THE NEW iSONIC 63
Dimensions: 225×63, 96 liters
- Matteo Iachino?s secret weapon for strong winds. Comfort at high speeds is improved by adding deeper concaves. This comfort allows you to go even faster. The straps positions are further back to reduce the wetted surface area to a minimum, making the board feel totally free while remaining in total control. With this new geometry, you can unlock some insane top speeds. Available in Carbon Sandwich and the flagship Carbon Reflex Sandwich technology.
THE NEW iSONIC 72
Dimensions: 228×72, 122 liters
- A favorite on the PWA tour. The wetted surface area was minimized by reducing the length of the flat section close to the rails and tweaking the cut away shape. The result is quicker acceleration and improved top speed. The straps are placed further back to help the board fly free, improving acceleration and top-end speed.
THE NEW iSONIC 77
Dimensions: 228×77, 127 liters
- The iSonic 77 has increased V at 90cm from the tail, under your front foot, helping the board rail better on the fin. This frees up the board for improved acceleration and speed.
THE NEW iSONIC 83
Dimensions: 228×83, 134 liters
- The iSonic 83 has a new smoother rocker line that improves the board?s comfort in choppy water. The new cutaway shapes reduce the wetted surface area. Together, they allow the board to fly with more speed in heavier chop than before. Reducing the wetted surface area also helps extract maximum acceleration from gusts of wind.
EXTEND YOUR SESSIONS
The iSonic 85 comes with a Ready to Foil fin box. The box are reinforced to withstand heavier loads associated with foiling. They use thick, high-density PVC sheets and thick carbon fibre walls.
DRAKE SLICK FOOTSTRAPS
The Drake Slick footstraps are made with FSC-certified, sustainably sourced and plant-based Yulex foam. With 85% natural rubber content, CO² emitted during the manufacturing process is reduced by 80%. The remaining 15% of synthetic neoprene is kept to improve UV resistance.
Carefully sourced with the smoothest fabric for a comfortable feel.
The iSonics feature 6mm thick footpads in the tail and 4mm in the front. A combination proven to deliver a highly reactive yet comfortable feel. The diamond grooving pattern provides grip and comfort over extended sessions while being resistant to wear-and-tear.
CARBON REFLEX SANDWICH
THE FLAGSHIP CONSTRUCTION
- The iSonic Carbon Reflex is our flagship range, built to be lightest and fastest. Decks are built with the lightest grade of biaxial and uni-directional carbon fibre orientated between 45, 30 and 0 degrees for optimized flex and reflex characteristics. The bottom of the boards use an even lighter grade of uni-directional carbon fibre from nose to tail, with an extra 45 degree biaxial carbon layer in the tail area for added torsional stiffness.
AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY FOR iSONIC
- Ultralight weight at a more affordable price and using more environmentally friendly materials. The bottom is built in full T700 uni-directional flat-woven carbon for maximum stiffness while the deck is 60% carbon, alternating between uni-directional and bi-axial carbon layers for optimized flex. The composite sandwich layers include the use of ultra-high density PET and PVC foam.
|Model||ISONIC 44 Luderitz||ISONIC 55||ISONIC 60||ISONIC 63||ISONIC 67||ISONIC 72||ISONIC 77||ISONIC 83||ISONIC 85|
|Technologies||Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon Sandwich||Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon Sandwich||Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon Sandwich||Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon||Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon||Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon||Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon||Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon||Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon|
|Volume||53 L||76 L||86 L||96 L||113 L||123 L||126 L||138 L||139 L|
|Length||225 cm||225 cm||225 cm||225 cm||228 cm||228 cm||228 cm||228 cm||228 cm|
|Width||44 cm||55 cm||60 cm||63 cm||67 cm||72 cm||77 cm||83 cm||85 cm|
|Tail Width at 30cm||25 cm||35 cm||38.8 cm||40.1 cm||44.7 cm||48.8 cm||54.6 cm||58.9 cm||60.1 cm|
|Thickness||9.8 cm||10.7 cm||11 cm||11.9 cm||12.9 cm||12.9 cm||11.6 cm||11.6 cm||11.6 cm|
|Bottom Shape (Tail To Nose)||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Flat Vee to Double Concave|
|Fins||Not Supplied||Not Supplied||Not Supplied||Not Supplied||Not Supplied||Not Supplied||Not Supplied||Not Supplied||Not Supplied|
|Fin Boxes||Short Tuttle Box||Short Tuttle Box||Short Tuttle Box||Short Tuttle Box||Short Tuttle Box||Tuttle Box||Tuttle Box||Tuttle Box||Foil Box|
|Fin Range||17 - 24 cm||24 - 28 cm||28 - 32 cm||30 - 34 cm||34 - 38 cm||36 - 40 cm||38 - 42 cm||40 - 44 cm||42 - 46 cm|
|Sail Range||4.5 - 6.2 m2||4.5 - 6.2 m2||5.0 - 6.2 m2||5.5 - 7.0 m2||6.2 - 7.8 m2||7.0 - 8.6 m2||7.0 - 8.6 m2||7.8 - 9.4 m2||7.8 - 9.4 m2|
|Weight Carbon Reflex||4.2 kg||4.97 kg||5.6 kg||5.74 kg||6.14 kg||6.63 kg||6.82 kg||7.35 kg||7.54 kg|